About Hotel Angeleno
An independent hotel that is uniquely Los Angeles, Hotel Angeleno is located at the crossroads of UCLA, Brentwood and Bel Air. The unique round shape of the building makes it a Los Angeles icon and the central location to downtown, the beaches of Santa Monica, and the Valley make it the perfect place to stay when exploring the city.
Every employee at Hotel Angeleno is passionate about guest experience and satisfaction. Our goal is to create memorable stays and lasting relationships with each person who chooses the property as their temporary home. From the initial welcome experience to our food and service in our penthouse level restaurant, West we pride ourselves in creating a home away from home that our guests love to return to.
Current OpeningsView All
Hotel AccountantManages hotel’s accounting activities. Responsible for accurately maintaining records, payment of all accounts payable transaction, and collecting all accounts receivable transactions; maintaining records and data for the hotel’s payroll. Responsible for accurately managing the hotel’s cash on hand. The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Manages all accounting functions - accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and general cashier.
- Ensures Accounts Receivable are billed weekly and reported to Rim Homeoffice
- Manage aging as necessary discuss status of past due accounts and keep Sales and other departments informed of potential problems
- Ensure day to day revenue is accurately posted for both hotel and food & beverage
- Produce and distribute daily revenue reports to appropriate property managers and Rim office using currently approved systems
- Ensure proper cash handling procedures are in place and followed. Approves change requests and assignment for cash bank as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy of monthly P&L, including revenues, expenses and capital expenses as necessary
- Prepares month end process – journal entries, accruals, inventories, F&B credits, balancing and closing of all accounts, reconciliation of general ledger, city ledger, deposit ledger, and other as necessary.
- Verify all Night Audit reports and balances.
- Ensures weekly AP Batches, Expense Reports, and Check Requests are properly approved and coded to the appropriate GL code.
- Ensures weekly petty cash reimbursement is processed
- Prepare travel agent payments and reconcile to budget
- Reconcile monthly all general ledger accounts
- Maintain expense checkbook for A&G, Repairs, Utilities and other departments
- Coordinates accurate processing of all colleague related changes with HR & Payroll department
- Maintain payroll records on current payroll processing program (Kronos)
- Prepare reports for incentives and bonuses
- Process time records for accurate transmission and check preparation
- Prepare paychecks for distribution
- Maintain records of charge gratuity reporting as necessary, including reconciliation of charges clearing account
- Provide payroll expenses, paying particular attention to overtime and approaching overtime situations
- Respond to guest inquiries regarding charge backs and other billing questions
- Manage “house” accounts and prepare reports for their use.
- Opera PMS and Micros POS experience preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEAssociate’ degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLSAbility to read and interpret documents such as contracts and communicate information either verbally or in written form. Ability to speak before groups of customers or colleagues of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAbility to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, sales tax, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to estimate budgets based on client’s needs and accepted standards of consumption.
REASONING ABILITYAbility to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear. The colleague frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The colleague is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The colleague must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions o this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply or for more information e-mail Adriana Stevens at email@example.com. We look forward to connecting with you.